I received encouragement from the Lord last night in the form of a dream that I know applies to the entire body of Christ.
I was in a big mansion-like hotel. Some parts were a little run down. The entrance had a massive table with piles of presents stacked on it. I knew one of those was mine. My sister was there, and we were dressed in Hawaiian-type clothing with a jungle print pattern that had many leaves and very few flowers.
There were all kinds of activities for the hundreds of people in this large estate. Will Smith, the actor, was in charge and there was a group of actors around him – but I didn’t recognize any of them. I began hearing that Will had prayed for and healed these guys of “concussion syndrome” that occurs after head trauma.
The time of our stay was nearing an end, and I finally got up the courage to investigate. I asked Will if I could pray for his son and the other movie stars. He happily led me into the group’s secluded area.
His son was sitting on a lawn chair that was ragged, worn, and rusty. Unabashed, I sat on the top edge of the chair, drawing close to the young teen. I placed my hands on his head, and was really feeling around his head while listening to the Holy Spirit.
“He is mostly healed,” I proclaimed, “But there is one little area of damage that remains.” I pointed to
the middle back of his head.
She stated, “They went to get your presents out of the trash. They will be back soon.” I remembered seeing a huge pile of presents at the entryway to the house, and in my mind, I could see them in the dumpster next to the house. I woke up excited that I would soon be receiving a gift.
Then confusion set in; I was unsure what it all meant.
- Mansion: the Church on earth.
- Sister: Christian sisters and brothers, jungle clothing means we are equipped for things on Earth.
- Will Smith: His big start was in the series, “Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” (Bel Air – the air means Heaven). The Prince of Heaven is Jesus, so Will is Jesus.
- Movie Stars: Christians who are more visible to the world – the ‘super-stars’ of Christianity.
The chair is what you are resting in. Some of the teachings are “old wineskin,” rusty, and in bad shape. The hair is our thoughts and the head is what we “know.” We must be willing to examine and see if there is something wrong with the way people are thinking and their mindset in order to know how to help them.
It seems this examination, done in love, was some sort of test. Jesus is bringing gifts to me because I was willing to speak in love and speak to what I saw.
My son, do not despise or shrink from the chastening of the Lord [His correction by punishment or by subjection to suffering or trial]; neither be weary of or impatient about or loathe or abhor His reproof, for whom the Lord loves He corrects, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights. (Proverbs 3:11-12 AMPC)
For the Lord disciplines the one He loves and chastises every son whom He receives... (Hebrews 12:6 ESV)
But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift. Therefore it says, “When He ascended on high He led a host of captives, and He gave gifts to men. (Ephesians 4:7-8 ESV)
Our Lord gives gifts to His people. What are these gifts? According to 1 Corinthians, these are the types of gifts the Holy Spirit brings to us:
- a message of wisdom
- a message of knowledge
- gifts of healing
- miraculous powers
- distinguishing (discerning) between spirits
- speaking in different kinds of tongues
- the interpretation of tongues
Now there are [distinctive] varieties of spiritual gifts [special abilities given by the grace and extraordinary power of the Holy Spirit operating in believers], but it is the same Spirit [who grants them and empowers believers]. And there are [distinctive] varieties of ministries and service, but it is the same Lord [who is served]. And there are [distinctive] ways of working [to accomplish things], but it is the same God who produces all things in all believers [inspiring, energizing, and empowering them]. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit [the spiritual illumination and the enabling of the Holy Spirit] for the common good.
(1 Corinthians 12:4-7 AMP)
All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as He wills. (1 Corinthians 12:11 ESV)
The Holy Spirit chooses who to give what gift to and how they will operate in that gift. We can teach you how the Holy Spirit operates with us in certain gifts, but we cannot give a gift of the Spirit to anyone, it is as the Holy Spirit chooses. For this reason, we should not ask someone to pray for us to receive a certain gift. If the Holy Spirit wants to use us to impart a gift to someone, He will tell us when and how to pray.
To each one, the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. (1 Corinthians 12:7 ESV)
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:1-2 ESV)
Brothers, if a man be overtaken in a fault, you which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering yourself, lest you also be tempted. (Galatians 6:1 AKJV)
- You feel you need to say something to show the importance of listening to what you are telling them.
- This is a type of manipulation.
- especially if you are applying pressure to get them to take action.
- You need to point out how they will be attacked if they don’t listen to you.
- This is coming into agreement with the enemy, instead of the grace of God.
- You are applying pressure instead of trusting God to move in their heart.
Operating in these ways are the opposite of meekness. You are pushing to get someone to move instead of letting God move them. This is different from God using someone to tell you how or why you are under an attack. For example:
I believe God may be saying there is an open door…. (explain where the door is opened).
- You are identifying a problem that may exist.
You really need to close this open door. If you don’t you will have such and such trouble.
- You are coming into agreement with the enemy.
Is it possible that you have been doing such and such, which has caused this attack?
- You are identifying a possible source of a current attack.
If you don’t act upon this, you may be attacked again.
- You are trying to motivate the person through fear.
- Never try to motivate someone through fear of what may happen, let God do the motivating.
- Only point out a possible source of a known attack, never declare that an attack will come.
So if when you are offering your gift at the altar you there remember that your brother has any [grievance] against you, leave your gift at the altar and go. First, make peace with your brother, and then come back and present your gift. (Matthew 5:23-24 AMPC)
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. (James 5:16 AKJV)
Yes, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble. (1 Peter 5:5 AKJV)
Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers. (1 Timothy 5:1 ESV)
- If there was manipulation, you may not want to come into agreement with it.
- That may open a door to another spirit.
- Let the person know how it felt to you.
- Try to let go of any irritation with them before addressing the issue or it may inflame the situation.
- If they are operating in love, there will be a gentle response.
- Let the church leader know if an elder has operated this way.
- You may not see it addressed right away, but it is important to let leadership know what is happening.
- Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses. (1 Timothy 5:19 ESV)
- If it is the pastor, take the first two steps and pray for them. The Lord is their superior. Ask God to grant them wisdom about the situation.
- Acknowledge that you received something of value from God.
- Praise Him for what He has done.
- Honor what God has said by acting on it.
- Don’t receive information about your situation through discernment, dream interpretation, prophecy, a word of wisdom, or a message of knowledge and set it up on a shelf and then wonder why you are still under an attack.
- Inquire of the Holy Spirit if you should give a “love offering” to the person for the help you have received to acknowledge God by sowing a seed.
- Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. (Galatians 6:7-8 ESV)
- Our Father knows if you have seed or not. If you are not able to sow back, don’t stop learning and growing! Let God know you intend to and He will provide seed to the sower as you become free from the enemy.
If you would like to know more about the Courts of Heaven, please join our Facebook Group:
Courts of Heaven - Worldwide
More articles on:
Believers' Boot Camp series
Many people think of boot camp as a place you train for combat. Any veteran will tell you that basic training is about three things:
- Knowing what weapons are available
- Learning how to use those weapons
- Receiving orders and following them
Volume 1: Why Doesn't God Speak to Me?
Eager hearts cry out, hoping for a single word to confirm that He hears us. Yet, many times the only sound is silence. Over the years I have heard several reasons why God speaks to some and not to others. One night, as I tossed and turned, I brought each of these reasons before the Lord, stating why each of them did not line up with who I thought He was.
Words rose from my soul, pleading for Him to reveal why He has remained silent when a single word from Him would mean so much to so many. For the next few hours, God used things I learned about years ago and things I had just discovered to show why He talks to some and why He doesn’t, and in demonstrative ways.
In His grace, He also showed me how people could hear more from Him. Basic instructions on how to hear more from God and how to be led by Him are included in this book. Thank you for taking time to consider the answers I received and share with you now.
Keys to Authority for Every Believer
There is untapped power that is easy for every Christian to access in the form of authority. The keys to this authority will unlock weapons we can use to free ourselves from the attacks of the enemy. We must be intimately aware of the bounds and limitations of our weapon if they are to be used effectively.
Find out about your authority:
- Why you need it.
- Where it comes from.
- What you can do with it.
- How to get more.
- Why you need it.
- Where it comes from.
- What you can do with it.
- How to get more.